All in all, the summer – the days we live – do not have to be special to be perfect.
They just have to be.
Labor Day is a day meant to rest, to take a break and I know that there are a lot of things that can prohibit that from happening for everyone.
- Working end of summer sales.
- Parents who have to do last minute school prep (as in immunizations).
- Empty refrigerators calling for grocery shopping (out of cream, baguette and cheese.)
- Waiting tables as vacationers dine out for breakfast (we actually ate in this year.)
- Making freshly made hot donuts (yes, they were available, but we opted out this holiday.)
- Volunteering at carnival events that fund the rest of the year’s activities.
If you can, ignore those things – the call of the discount – the lure of the low-low-low prices and “must be at” events, to just be.
- Be still.
- Be quiet.
- Be thankful.
- Be in the moment.
- Be together.
- Be honest.
- Be a family.
- Be friends.
- Be calm.
- Be normal – your version of what normal is.
- Be relaxed.
That is sometimes the best way to be special…
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl