It is mid-summer and part of the summer reading has been completed. Poetry and the classics are often on the list. I have always liked the sonnet “How Do I Love Thee?” Never one to be misunderstood in her romantic vision, Elizabeth Barret Browning said “Let me count the ways.”
While she doesn’t go on and on forever, the point is clear – beautiful, endearing and a bit left up to interpretation.
When it comes to summer, aside from reading what we HAVE to read, fun is at the top of the list. Laughter, relaxation and simple times:
- Sleeping late.
- Eating out.
- Taking naps.
- Going to the pool.
- Lounging in pajamas – all day long.
- Reading “the internet” instead of the Summer Reading List.
- Playing Pokemon Go.
- Going to NYC.
- Playing Nintendo Pokemon (as a refresher.)
- Meeting a favorite author and a book signing!
- Going for walks…to find Pokemon.
- Watching the classics instead (The Count of Monte Cristo.)
- Watering plants and planting new lettuce to grow – now that the bunnies can’t reach it – did they think we planted it for them?
- Reading graphic novels on which – the yet to be released movies – are based.
- Summer Stock rehearsals and shows.
- Having family and friends visit for weeks at a time, or just an afternoon.
- Lingering over second cups of coffee, afternoon iced mochas or both.
How do we spend the summer having fun and not going to school? Let me count the ways…being mid-summer, of course we still have time to do so much more.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl