Sometimes, just being there makes all the difference in the world.
Not my own clever creation of words in the perfect little phrase…but, instead a fairly common sentiment. I would; however, wholeheartedly agree.
- Your mere presence.
- Showing (and having) empathy.
- Recognition that things are not right, or at the edge of becoming overwhelming.
- Being a cheerleader.
- Dancing with them…not pointing and saying “oh, please stop.”
- Not judging.
- Holding their hand.
- A shoulder to cry on, and maybe someone to cry with…
- Keeping quiet and not trying to solve the problem, give advice or find the answer.
Just being there can be enough, but if you can do more – and it will actually help more, then do it. Chances are, you probably don’t have to do anything else.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl