What can you do in 2 hours?
- Buy a car.
- Read a magazine, or a (short) book.
- Practice a week’s worth of violin lessons.
- Play solitaire and still not win.
- Edit a document, or two or maybe ten…
- Create an e-mail campaign and schedule it’s timeline for delivery.
- Write a mission statement and get feedback on your ideas.
- Check e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels for updates. (Ok, you can take far more time than that, or even less.)
- Talk to your sisters and maybe your mom.
- Pick up your kids from two different schools, pick up a print order for a client and get a caramel latte, decaf mocha, hot chocolate and a min Frapuccino at Starbucks in between your stops.
- Enjoy a few cups of coffee, lingering over breakfast with your family or friends.
- Take a double indoor-cycling class and a shower (which you definitely need afterwards.)
- Bake a cake.
- Go shopping for groceries, bring them home, put them away AND make dinner.
- Get a hot stone, aromatherapy massage.
You know what I like better than having a client cancel at the last minute? Being able to back fill the time with something totally productive. I usually do that and pick at least a few items on the list above.
Today, I scheduled a massage at Hand and Stone because I had five – count it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 sessions – waiting for me on my account. That isn’t even the worst part… I took a “pause’ over the summer and skipped three months of membership payments.
I really needed those 2 hours today. I think I used my time wisely.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl