It is not too long from now…
No matter what it is that you have going on, it will end, and it will seem like it was just a blip, that it happened forever ago.
- sleepless nights caused by infants
- anxiety generated by tipsy toddlers
- frustration initiated by irritated tweens and teens
- stress when they head out to drive themselves (if you get past coaching them not to hit the curb or the oncoming traffic that is)
- (more) anxiety live on their own – perhaps in college – perhaps in a big, scary and dangerous city
It isn’t easy to see the future when you are in the middle of it, but it will be here and it won’t be easier because it will still be the first time for everything.
If you do it according to your plan – as if you can actually plan, but let’s have a little giggle and dream that you can control life – straight from the beginning, soon….you may be the one they are worried about.
- you want a nap
- they wonder what is coming next
- and both of you wonder (together or separately) how long will it be before I can relax and enjoy a glass of wine, a quiet dinner, a sip or few of whiskey, reading a book on the chaise out in the sun
- and the list goes on.
Of course the list goes on, so don’t worry it is not too long until it changes, and it will be different, but then it will be the same. That is just the way it is.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl