If you are the infrequent commuter, like me…what is on your mind while you get where you have to go?
- Where did all the traffic come from all of a sudden and do all these people do this every day?
- The 10 MPH stop and go traffic that has sudden bursts of 50 MPH only to come to a complete stand still is surely scarier than the now legal 70 MPH speed limit…
- Why is construction seemingly never ending?
- Can you really go 70 MPH at 11AM when you return from your meeting or will they shut down two lanes for the mid-day traffic jam?
- Do people really do this commute every day with out an EZ Pass (or whatever your city/DOT calls it)?
- Is there anyone I can call and keep up with everything I am not getting done while I drive?
- What am I not going to do today if I get stuck here all day long?
- What should we have for dinner…?
- What are the kids doing since camp is over and I didn’t actually wake them up before I left, only said good-bye to a half asleep, eyes open but totally non-coherent – will they even remember that I said good-bye?
- Will I be able to get to the bank before it closes at 4PM?
- How are banks still able to to close at 4PM?
- What should we have for lunch?
- Why did I have a second cup of coffee?
- Wait, do I have time for another cup of coffee?
- Why does my hair look so good today when I am getting it cut tomorrow?
- Will the package from Amazon come while I am away and no one will hear the door bell? You know, the one that requires a signature?
- Am I the only lucky one who works from home most of the time?? How did I get to be so lucky?
As an infrequent commuter, there are many, many things that you think…all of these things, and more.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl