Sometimes in life, I get this sense of deja vu and I think, “did we already share this moment together?”
In our lives, we tend to have things that do happen to us over and over and over again.
- We get our hair cut.
- We make dinner.
- We go to work.
- We pay our bills.
- We watch annual events like parades in town and holidays we share with family.
- We have friends over for the weekend.
- We go to plays, concerts and performances.
- We take out the trash.
- We clean the house, rake the leaves, cut the lawn, pick up after the kids (or our parents.)
- We meet up with old friends for a drink.
- We take pictures.
- We check e-mail.
- We have parent teacher conferences.
- We go shopping for groceries.
- We ask: have you done your homework? Brushed your teeth? Emptied your lunchbox? Made your lunch? Brushed your hair? Taken a shower…?
- We flip the calendar.
One day, one week, one month and yet another year.
We do things repetitively.
I blog, I write, I share.
I wonder, regularly. Have I already written about this? Am I the only one who thinks this? Did we already share this thought and I am just taking the time to write it down? Just wondering.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl
PS In case you didn’t know it. Mother’s Day is Sunday. Call mom. Say hi. Even if you do it all the time already. Say I love you.