It is normal and reasonable to think that you can go back…even if it doesn’t work out the way you thought that it would. You have to set the right expectations – and if you handle it the right way (respecting yourself and those around you,) you can go:
- Back home
- Back to your home town
- Back to your high school reunion
- Back to a memorable restaurant for another special occasion
- Back to Disney
- Back to the size you were before having kids (or maybe not…)
- Back to the arms of a old friend
- Back to visit the same house – just to be sure it isn’t a right fit, unless it is!
- Back to the one you love
- Back to get one more good-bye kiss in before the plane takes off
- Back to the place you said good-bye 25 years ago, only to say hello
You can go back, but you don’t have to go back to the way you were back then.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl