Way back when…who knew it would be so long…
- Until we would meet again?
- Before we would paint that bedroom?
- That we would live in this house (20 years)?!?
- To develop a family?
- Until we would have a totally different perspective of college?
- …it isn’t long, it was just yesterday!
Of all the things we didn’t think could happen, what is the most astonishing in your life?
- The people you knew better than yourself but haven’t seen in ages;
- The rooms that didn’t look quite so awful until someone moved out;
- The first house that might very well be your last;
- The children who were babies just yesterday, but are nearly all grown up;
- The fact that college was just another life that we lived and haven’t forgotten;
- That we would believe it was only yesterday.
Who knew it would be so long that we wouldn’t even ask these questions of ourselves. It would only be a moment, a day, a month, a year, five years – not a couple of decades. Now it is a lifetime with still more life to live, and seemingly full so far – thank goodness for that…
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl