It was Memorial Day yesterday, so, in addition to being the official first day of the summer season, white pants are back.
If, of course, you believe in that sort of thing.
I know that there are certain rules that moms, and grandmoms, would probably agree you should follow.
- Always send a thank you note.
- Acknowledge a compliment.
- Say please, thank you and you’re welcome (not just no problem.)
- Tell them you love them.
- Give hugs when you know they need one.
- Be patient.
- Give hugs, even when you’re not 100% sure they want one.
- Be generous with your time, your love and the material things that you can afford to share.
- Speak up for yourself.
- Be kind, honest and true.
- Speak up for those who can’t speak for themselves.
- Make friends wherever you go, you never know when you will need one.
- Be sincere.
- Don’t wear white (pants) after Labor Day…
Which gets us back to the beginning – white pants are back – and better than ever. Cheers to summer. Wear it well.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl