Sometimes, when it rains, we have to change our plans.
- We cancel soccer games (to be made up later).
- We leave earlier skipping our leisurely second cup of coffee at home.
- We don’t fly off to Rome (or Miami) at a moment’s notice.
- We wear rain boots instead of the cute, open-toed heels that go so well with that skirt.
- We pull out weeds since the ground is soft and plant the perennials to replace the ones that didn’t make it through the long, dry and hot summer.
The long holiday weekend had us thinking of so many options on what to do instead of staying home and sleeping late. Then, we found out that we couldn’t really do any of the things we really wanted to do…
- The SATs were on Saturday.
- Our “Annual Apple Picking Sunday” was, well, on Sunday.
- No work “scheduled” on Monday…but we had things carry over from last month and last week…
These remaining partial two days off left us with a conundrum.
So, we thought of our options and we figured out what to do… we stayed home, even though we went out for lunch and ice cream.
We find more fig balsamic vinegar at The Tubby Olive for the cheese platter we will probably encourage the kids to make tomorrow for a fancy, stay-at-home lunch. Oh, and we order take out for dinner. We certainly helped the local businesses on this holiday weekend, when the entire area is fairly deserted.
We all know that when it rains it pours the flowers grow better next year; and in our case, we did get some rest, which, let’s face it, we all probably needed. Maybe there is a Jazz Band playing somewhere…tomorrow is another day.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl