Sometimes, waiting makes things better…
Ok – mind out of the gutter people. This is a clean blog. (At least for now.)
What I mean is…
- Waiting until you open your birthday or Christmas present – no one can be “surprised” if they already knew what they were getting.
- Waiting for the cake to rise, for it to cool and to eat it with all of the icing, decorations and well wishes with all of your friends at the table, too.
- Waiting for your friend to arrive at the airport – whom you haven’t seen in ages and ages – far too long in between visits.
- Waiting until you earned the raise and know that they won’t eliminate your position during down-sizing because you do contribute to the bottom line, the top line and you are fun to be around, too.
- Waiting until your grandparent’s gift of an e-series savings bond matures. (What were they thinking in 2001 – and even into 2007 – buying them as gifts?)
- Waiting for your new client’s restaurant to open.
- Waiting for the water to boil for a cup of tea on a chilly afternoon.
- Waiting for the water to get hot in the shower on a cold winter morning (heck, any morning!)
- Waiting for your kids to get out of school so you can take them for ice cream.
- Waiting for the play to start, the one where you dropped them off for practice every day for a month.
- Waiting for the kids to fall asleep on 12/24…
- Waiting for the ball to drop on December 31st with your best guy (or gal).
- Waiting for a friend to be done with work to go out to lunch.
- Waiting for the massage therapist to call you in for your 2 hour appointment.
- Waiting for the coffee pot to finish brewing at 6:45 AM for your first cup of hot, dark roast coffee.
There are countless things where waiting makes things better. What does your list include?
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl