I know the last few months have gradually led us to believe that we are (still) not going where, somehow, I definitely feel unexpectedly free and light.
- Free to do what I want.
- Free to sleep in.
- Free to watch movies.
- Free to read a book.
- Free to not work.
- Free to celebrate the way I choose.
Somehow, while still in “lock down” it feels calm and I am at peace.
- Even if I can’t fly or sail away in a moment’s notice.
- Even if I can’t have all of my closest friends and family nearby.
- Even if I can’t go where I want for dinner.
- Even if I can’t get my hair and nails done.
- Even if I can’t have a 2-hour long, soul and body relaxing massage.
When the weekend is not booked for work, like it has been for the last several years – and it is your birthday weekend – you feel unexpectedly free, and happy to just be you (me).
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl