Sometimes, the simple solution and the better solution is to pick up the phone or walk down the hall. We depend, and use, too much technology when a simple face to face or conversation would work so much better.
- I sent an e-mail. They didn’t answer me.
- I texted them. No response yet.
- I IM’d them. They didn’t react.
- I posted on their wall. They didn’t like my post and they didn’t comment on it either.
- I sent a Tweet. They weren’t looking at Twitter that very moment and it got lost in the feed.
- I e-mailed them again… Now they think I am a pest!
You get the idea.
If you share an office or you are within a short walk; then take a hike on down to their office, or up to their room and TALK to them. In person.
If you are on the other side of the country, state or county, then perhaps you can’t do a face to face (or even a video chat or Skype or facetime) but you can call them.
Of course, they still have to be in their office or pick up their phone, but if it is really urgent, don’t rely entirely too much on the tech side of our life. Go old school and make it a bit more personal. It may just work better and faster for you both.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl