Nothing is more important than self care. Period.
You cannot help others if you cannot help yourself or take the time to be good to your personal, physical form.
I know, I know… we are aware of this – but, do we do it?
Do we do it often enough?
Water, that is just the first step.
It can help cure a lot of regular ol’ day to day issues in our lives. But, it isn’t the “be all end all”.
After that (in no particular order):
- eating well
- being happy
- being around people who make you feel good about yourself
- allowing your self to be sad when needed
- being told that you are good – for whatever attribute(s) that you value most
- massage therapy
- plenty of sleep
- getting to show who you really are…an opportunity that may or may not present itself, which means that you may need to “make it happen”
- practice yoga – do Pilates – run
- sing – in privacy or out loud, in front of other people – it does not have to be at the Karaoke bar (I promise)
- asking for something you know that you deserve and will benefit others
Just being. You. For your own sake.
Then, you can care for, and help others, be the best version of their own self.
There is a reason the airlines tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first. That is the very first step in an extreme emergency, to self care – with out that you cannot help yourself, or others.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl