With Christmas day preparations all complete, there is no more rushing around. Nothing left to do but…take a break. It is time to:
- have a second, leisurely cup of coffee.
- assess the results of your efforts.
- watch others, ooh and ahh, surprised and delighted.
- enjoy their gifts.
- sit down to eat.
- give (and get) hugs and kisses.
- greet new family members.
- tell long, winding stories.
- sit down to eat again.
- let the kids do what they want to do.
- take a few bites of cookies.
- steal another kiss from your sweetie, every chance you get.
- give in to a nap if the mood strikes you.
- put your feet up.
- linger around the table.
It’s that time of year when if you can, take a break. No more rushing to school, work and back again; at least for another week. Time off. Time together. Time to just be. Make the most of it.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl