Momming it is hard…
You never finish. You may think you’re done, but you’re not.
You may think you are ready (or more likely that you are not quite, ready for this.)
You may never get to do ALL the things you want to do. And, you may never get to be a mom in the first place…
- Whether you took years to try to get pregnant, or it happened in a flash.
- Whether you had planned it, or were hoping to wait until you were ready.
- Whether you had been around kids as an elder sibling, or had no idea what to do.
- Whether you had changed more than a diaper or two, or had never rocked a crying baby to sleep.
- Whether they are 5 days, 5 years, 15 years or even 50 years old.
All of the above is true at some point of another, in your life or theirs…and no one knows better than the one going through it that momming it – with kids, dogs, siblings you are raising, stepchildren you have been married to, or the ones you have adopted (officially or unofficially) – can be one of the hardest things you will do. But, also, without a doubt, it is the most rewarding thing that will make you happier for doing it.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl (mom of 3)