Every year, the crisp crunch of dried leaves on the ground brings back memories of fall.
- Back to school.
- Seeing friends we missed all summer.
- Walking wherever we needed to go.
- Even cutting through the woods, taking a shortcut with friends.
- The railroad trestle was always a lure…The danger, the exhilaration, the thrill, the taunting of challenges we bantered about.
- There is nothing like being a kid. The day, entirely free for whatever you want to do…
We miss those friendships, even as we made new ones. But memories of fall creep up on you some days and make you think back. Thinking back with fondness, the cooler air, the crunch of the leaves and so many fun times.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl