Making space is easy, when we want to grow.
Every Christmas – those who celebrate – move furniture, take down paintings and pictures to redecorate for the holiday. We make the space needed for the tree, the gifts and the family & friends who visit us.
Every time a chef creates a new dish, they make room on the menu – whether offering it as a special feature, or just adding it to the list of delicious items available at the restaurant.
Manufacturers and designers are constantly inventing new products or improving and re-inventing older ones. They add to their catalog and offer the customer something new to fit the need they have or creating a want for something they didn’t even know they needed.
Retail stores bring in new items, selling through inventory, but leaving just a few of the older items that they know will sell – because they always have…
It is time to solve the problem that you don’t even realize you have.
- Discard the old clock that can’t be fixed.
- Donate the clothes that don’t fit and/or you never wear.
- Delete the dish that doesn’t sell.
- Discount and sell through the obsolete product.
- Ditch the 7 reports that you’ve used for years because this new one tells you everything you need to know.
- Don’t keep everything in your product offering, be critical and decide what can go…
The problem is in removing the things you no longer need – it is not the inability to add, because making space is easy when you really want the new thing.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl