There is nothing like the kid perspective. Sure, they seem to be:
- Down to Earth.
- Easy to please if we are offering pizza, mac and cheese, pancakes and potato chips.
- Never tiring until falling asleep in their chair.
- Focused to a point of obsession.
However…they are also quite:
- Unsure of themselves.
- Scared of what could happen.
- Straight to the point, in a roundabout way.
- Looking forward to being able to control their life.
- Interested in being older, just not old.
When we go back in time, to our early days it is easy to think our own kid perspective was different, that we were neater, easier to please, ate everything presented to us by adults, went to bed quietly, slept soundly and always smiled…if that is the way you want to remember, do that. But it was hard for you back then, too. Give them some slack…and all the support you can without saying it’s easy. That’s definitely one of the worst things you can say.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl