I know that everyone is getting tired of working from home, being afraid to go out, worrying about what is next. No matter what else you do – stay as positive as you can and keep making lists.
- What you can do.
- What you need to do.
- What you want to do.
You can even fill in your own “things I can control / things I can’t control” graphic. This is (and should be) different for everyone. (Make your own, or print the one in this post – you know how to do it.)
What you can do!
- Watch a funny video.
- Laugh at something silly.
- Don’t let kids, co-workers or whatever you are calling them these days, get on your nerves.
- Keep the patience quotient high – kids can control even less that you can (and you know it.)
- Be encouraging.
- Do the work you are able to do, and be proactive.
- Think about adding an extra level of creativity – let your mind wander just a bit and free think.
- You may be inside of the “house” (a box) but think of what you would do if you were not.
What you need to do.
- Keep eating and exercising to stay healthy.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Take walks. Even if it is from one room to another or up and down the stairs. Or, in place. Your fitness tracker won’t know the difference.
- Keep working from home – accomplish tasks and check them off (the list.)
- Take breaks.
- Walk away from the news feed.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Drink water.
What you want to do? (After all of this is over, you know exactly what you want to do. You do, don’t you…)
- Who you will go see first?
- What restaurant do you want to eat at again, dining in and leave a nice big tip for the server?
- Where do you want to go, as in GO? (Think vacation, think getaway, think of a place you thought you’d never see.)
- Will you keep exercising?
- Will you make up with that person you haven’t talked to, and forgive them for some inane wrong doing years/months ago?
- Will you remember what it felt like and how you can work to change the world?
- What will you do to make the future better?
There is a reason people in captivity make tally marks to keep track of the days. You don’t have to do that.
- You have the internet.
- You have a calendar (today is Monday – I count it as Day 11 for us – in case you were wondering.)
- You have home food delivery.
- You have your health.
- You have more time to think about what you can do next.
So, keep making lists and be ahead of the game when all of this is behind us.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl