If you were the tree, what would you see?
- Young children, every one with joy-filled, happy faces.
- Carefully hung stockings and decorations in all the right places.
- Candy cane wrappers (why do they wrap them so tightly?) and a dusting of peppermints.
- Fun socks, in all colors and designs, not to forget the clever sentiments.
- Cookies, lots of them. Warm, just recently made.
- Piano music, sheets and notes; waiting to be played.
- Festive presents, wrapped with ribbons and bows.
- Tiny fingers, chubby legs, and barely clad toes.
- Tinsel and mirrored balls, lovingly stored treasures from year’s past.
- Extras gathered all around, the moments going by – oh so – fast.
If you were the center of attention on Christmas morning, if you were the tree, what would you want to see?
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl