Doesn’t matter how much I try, I am me and you are you…no matter how different we are, I am happy that:
- I like yellow and you don’t, but you like blue which is fine, too.
- we still get along.
- I like wine and you may not.
- we are still friends.
- I still want to hug you.
- we can skip it if you’re not cool with that.
- I will love you even if we disagree.
- we will tell stories that are totally different.
- I trust your opinion has merit.
- we listen to different music.
- I will listen to you.
- we read different things (and think different thinks.)
- I probably agree with you more often than I don’t, and on those “sometimes” when we don’t, I will still listen.
- we have a different background, upbringing and lifestyle.
- I may even change my mind.
- we can say how we feel and it won’t matter in the end (even if I don’t change my mind, and you don’t either.)
Because I am me, and you are you and we are friends. For that, I will always be grateful. The more friends the better in this crazy life we live. At least, that is what I think…and perhaps, you agree with me, too.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl