It is so easy to connect with others – even those you’ve never met (or just met once before) – if you can find common ground. Disney – pretty easy these days to get someone else to say, “yup, been there” – just last month, last year, last week, or, when my kids were 4 and 10.
Similar ages, as adults – or similar ages of children as parents – or just going there as a kid.
- They got scared of the ride?
- Their first time seeing their favorite character?
- Going on Space Mountain (or insert fast roller coaster/spinning ride here)?
- You had to use tickets to go?
- They stamped you with invisible ink to return to the park?
- You went 0-70 mph in less than 3 seconds?
- You stepped through the ride and refused to go on it?
- You didn’t have a Fast Pass?
- The ride sank?
- You’re dad forced you to go on It’s a Small World?
It’s a holiday weekend, large gatherings can happen. In the spirit of keeping it light, friendly and upbeat, Disney, or any vacation destination for that matter, is a very good topic.
Now, I know, not everyone can say “yup, been there”...but it certainly is the perfect et neutral topic to share in a large group setting. Not polarizing, not controversial, not full of opinions. Easy to laugh, be human, be familiar and spend a nice evening enjoying the company of those around you.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl