There are a number of things that (hopefully) in your life, you will think are worth trying.
- Rock climbing – indoor or out (in if you don’t have an expert to guide you)
- Water skiing
- Public speaking
- Holding an office – for a non-profit, local organization, or, if you are really up for torture – local politics
- Negotiating for something that really matters – financially, emotionally, physically
- Yoga or one of the varied martial arts
- Running or walking in a 5K (or more)
- Going vegetarian or dairy free or gluten free – for a week (ok, maybe a day…just start with one meal) it is possible – trust me
- Writing – and sharing what you wrote – whether it is a joke, a poem, a short story or even, for the truly ambitious, a book
- Painting or other artistic outlet – take a class, attend a 2 hour event, have a glass of wine while you are there – it won’t hurt
- Boating – canoe, kayak, rowing along or sailing
Anything that gets you out of your comfort zone is worth trying – at least once. Who knows, you might even like it.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl