As we made our way around the area for the past week, I noticed a lot of places that announced their plans for the holiday. The signs say:
- Closed Easter Sunday
- Closed for Passover and Easter. Happy Holidays!
- Open Easter Sunday 11AM-4PM
- Open Saturday, Closed For the Holiday
- Taps open. Kitchen is Closed. Stop in for a pint & say hi to Alex.
Having been an owner of a business with our doors open for Easter and Passover, I appreciate both messages. I also appreciate the choice of being able to go somewhere that is open to celebrate – or to be home so that others can enjoy their own celebration.
I think that the signs say a lot more than is written on the placard. We appreciate our customers and we are letting you know where we stand for the holiday…and:
- We are closed to enjoy time with our family and friends for the holiday.
- We are open, please bring your family and friends and enjoy your holiday with us.
Happy Easter & a continued Happy Passover – enjoy your time with friends and family…
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl