When it comes to parenting, the rules are…there are no rules.
You can parent the way you choose.
- Strict but fair
- Loving and caring
- Open to the point maybe of being over-communicative
- Firm but understanding
- Secretive and yet fun
- Focused on being strong
- Prepared for anything
- Aware of health and well-being
- Flexible to go with with the flow
- Eat in front of the television (or computer)
- Sit up straight, hands in your lap, ask politely and say thank you
- Honestly unable to do anything other than wing it
Moms and dads, or grandads and grandmoms, two moms or two dads, on your own, taking turns, or with help from those you trust and everywhere in between. It takes a lot of effort and dedication and patience even when you don’t want to be.
Then, no matter how you have decided to do it, sometimes, the rules are meant to be broken. It may be unclear on what is best, or how better to handle a situation. The reality is that no matter what you believe, sometimes you have to adapt, adjust and accept that there is no right answer. You just have to do your best and hope you did it well.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl