I wholeheartedly support giving someone, or a business, a second chance.
Things happen. (Well, you know…)
- Traffic due to above mentioned snow or rain
- Slippery rails (anyone who has traveled SEPTA knows that delayed train excuse)
- Sick children
- Flat tire / broken vehicle
- More work than originally anticipated and it took far longer than the hours in each day, even 24/7 for the week
- Inexperienced staff
- Overwhelmed kitchen on grand opening weekend
- Inventory delays = shortages
Just thinking of these dozen things, you would easily be able to say you have experienced this – either personally or professionally (or both.)
The real question is, did you deserve a second chance and if so, do they also, deserve one? Give it one more try. Maybe ten more tries. Retrain, re-educate, communicate, share ideas and make it better. Everyone needs another chance to be better. It is ok to be patient. You might be thoroughly surprised when they get it right.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl