I can’t help but have salsa on my mind.
It isn’t even Tuesday…
- Salsa doesn’t care if you have it for a snack, a veg on your omelet or a topping on your tacos.
- Salsa is okay if it has onions, but it is also okay if it doesn’t.
- Salsa is best when it is made fresh, with just a few simple ingredients.
- Salsa is shareable and doesn’t judge.
- Salsa welcomes it’s counterpart, guacamole and is comfortable getting mixed up a little.
- Salsa is just all around nice.
This summer, we have been lucky to receive tons of tomatoes (heirloom and cherry – red and orange), onions (tiny ones) and peppers (jalapeno, long hots, and chili) from our farm share. If only we were in a climate suitable to provide limes…but, we are not.
Anyway. I guess, since I somehow neglected to have all 3 meals today, I have salsa on my mind and will probably make some soon. Then, I can start obsessing about something else. Like whether or not someone ate all of the good tortilla chips.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl