It’s so easy to find a simple distraction today that we actually have to remember to pay attention to what is going on around us.
Not just driving and staying off your phone – it is more than that.
- Waiting for a friend to arrive at the coffee shop
- Walking down the street
- Shopping in the grocery store
- Sitting in the airport
- Waiting for the ceremony to start
- Standing in an elevator
- Listening to the kids chat (as if you can’t hear them from the front seat or the other room)
- Waiting for the train
- Oh, and in a long, drawn out, 6+ person conference call when you haven’t had nearly enough coffee…
There is beauty in the world around you – make sure you see it.
Remember to pay attention and you will see things, hear things, learn things and enjoy things that will change your outlook – usually for the better. Life moves fast. We never have nearly enough time, but watching my youngest actually, literally, stop to smell the roses was a wake up call.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl