When we continue to debate the issues, if you think about it, really, there are bigger things to worry about first.
You can list what is on your mind. I know what is on mine.
They don’t have a thing to do with the world-issues.
Not a single one.
It is all about my kids, my family, my business, my community and my town…and after that, the country and world wide issues come in to play.
- Are we missing a key immunization, eating well and exercising enough – what else can we do to stay healthy?
- Will my kids be happy?
- Should they go to college, learn a trade or just go right to work after high school?
- Have I taught them enough to supplement what they learn in school to be successful?
- Will they be friends as they age, even more than they are now?
- Will the rest of the family also grow up, get married and stay in touch?
- Will the cousins, aunts, parents be healthy long enough to be here for the big things in life?
- Are my clients getting value for their investment?
- Am I helping them enough?
- What else can I do; what can I learn to help them stay competitive?
- How is the widow down the street? It was a fairly large commotion a few nights ago, but nothing compared to what she is facing now.
- Does that after midnight call keep the EMTs up at night – do they think – could we have saved him?
- Are they really cutting down all of those trees on the main roads, and why are they doing such a crummy job of it? (It looks awful – will add to the noise level and the sun exposure, raising electric bills for all of those homeowners…)
- Will anyone rent that space and fill the building with value added businesses that bring traffic to the other businesses, too?
- What is the next big thing and how can we waste so much time on the internet – between Reddit, Youtube and Facebook – how do we get a single thing done?
- What did I forget to do today?
These things and more are on my mind.
All. The. Time.
I know that really, there are bigger things but these are the ones that come first and keep me up at night. Until I figure these things out, the other things will have to wait.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl