If you want to keep someone, under the age of 10 busy, just keep it coming, rapid fire.
What is “it” you ask? Any of these should work:
- Ice cream – their favorite variety of flavors.
- Toys – any kind.
- Quiz questions, you better know the answer…
- Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe or Dots?
- Math facts, somehow related to them or their family – how old are you in months?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Bees or butterflies?
- Blue or red…or four?
- Legos or Minecraft?
- Star Wars or … Never mind – of course it’s Star Wars – instead, what’s your favorite light saber?
- Mets or Phillies…
- Phillies or your local little league team?
- Uno or Jenga?
- Go Fish.
- Tag, you’re it.
- Not it.
- What’s my name?
Any of these questions, statements or options, asked rapid fire should keep them occupied – unless you have a few spare “under 15-year olds” to keep them engaged – preferably of the cousin variety.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl