Retailers – whether online or in a brick and mortar storefront – often have a policy on how they offer refunds. There are many industries and products or services however, where there are no refunds offered let alone required…really, who would even ask for a refund on these?
- Engagement rings.
- The coffee you bought for a friend.
- Tolls on the turnpike.
- That glass of wine you drank on your blind date with that person you met online.
- Movie tickets when you were able to watch the entire movie – no glitches or technology fails – even if it is a 3 out of 10 on your critical movie rating system.
- Donations to a fake charity that “got you” to contribute.
- Baseball tickets when your home team is the losing team.
- The Sunday paper with smaller and smaller comic strips.
- Luggage tags with your name on them already.
- Losing lottery ticket.
- Chance to make the basket at the amusement park.
- Shells you found on the beach.
Nope, no refunds offered, no matter the reason, occasion or politeness of the request.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl
PS The only exception is the first thing on the list, and while the jeweler doesn’t have to take it back, the person breaking the engagement loses the ring.