These days, the long weeks and short weekends can really be harder than ever.
So, as we gear up for what may be for some, the last weekend of the summer before school starts this is a friendly PSA to make the most of it.
I know many of you have kids back already and some don’t go back until after Labor Day, so do what you have to do.
- Sleep in.
- Go to the park.
- Get to the beach.
- Stay up late.
- Think about what you love about summer (and try to retain it in your heart all through the school year.)
- Pick out fall clothes.
- Consider ways to change up the routine.
- Pick the summer harvests – tomatoes, peaches, and viney vegetables.
- Spend time together.
- Linger over the afternoons.
- Turn your face to the sun – like the sunflowers do.
- Embrace life.
We don’t know what comes next, but know that long weeks and short weekends sure can make us appreciate the time we have together.