In the short term, life doesn’t change.
It’s been 36 hours since I left town, and 48 since our graduate – well, graduated.
- The kids didn’t know I was gone
- They work at their own pace (from home work to chores to keeping a schedule)
- They don’t like movies from the Eighties (as a general rule, the easiest way to get them to leave the room is to put on a classic 1980s Blockbuster – tonight it was Beverly Hills Cop)
- They can all spend the entire day in the house and not talk to each other, but when it comes to making a joke or laughing at their sibling’s or parent’s expense they come together
- We can come together over dinner and it feels right
Luckily – it is still home and life doesn’t change that fast.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl