Let me know if I can help.
Easy to say. People say it all the time. Rarely do people actually ask for help – even if (EVEN IF) someone has said these exact words to them.
I read once – and adopted into my position on helping others – to offer specific help.
- Hey, I can drop off dinner to your house so that you can stay at the hospital all day with your child/spouse/parent. What night would be best for you and is there a place I can leave the cooler?
- Can I watch the kids for you this weekend so you can spend the day with your husband on your anniversary weekend. I know it’s hard with little kids to get “out on a date” with him.
- Congratulations on the new baby!! She’s adorable… I can take the little man for the afternoon on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday after your mom leaves. Would that work for you?
- I can show you how to post your Octoberfest Pumpkin Promotion on Facebook and promote your posts so you can reach more customers. Would Monday at 2PM work for you?
- You don’t have a Facebook page for your business yet? Do you use Facebook personally? Would you like me to show you how to set it up? I could help you Friday morning, we should plan for a few hours to get you acclimated.
- Oh, you are launching your own brand and you don’t have a website yet? I can check your domain names for you to see if they are available, what are the names you want to use?
“Let me know how I can help” takes on a whole new meaning, doesn’t it? Now, you know a few of the things I could do or would be willing to do for you. What can you do for others in your business, in your personal life or in your community?
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl