They say that everybody is Irish on St Patrick’s Day and is invited to celebrate the day.
What do I know…about why. I’d think, why not. Seems like a good day to have a party.
- All I know is that we celebrated since it was a family tradition.
- We celebrated our heritage.
- We celebrated family who moved here from Ireland in the 1800s and the 1900s.
- We celebrated that they got married and had kids – a few on March 17th even.
- Yep, and they taught their kids to celebrate, too.
What I didn’t know was that St. Patrick was English or maybe Scottish.
I guess that is why everybody is Irish and gets to celebrate on March 17th. The reason why, is theirs and theirs alone. They can of course share the reasons, whether it is history, family legacy, or just going along for the ride, wearing green of course. Just, whatever the celebration entails, please let it not include green beer. That’s just…not Irish.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl