What do you do when you are double booked for events, meetings, performances and celebrations during the holiday season?
- Do you try to go to both (or all) places and just spend a short amount of time at each?
- Do you choose the one closest to home?
- Do you pick the one with the better food and beverages?
- Do you join the one with family and friends – or friends over family because you will be able to see family again and again during the season?
- Do you just throw your hands in the air and stay home?
- Do you randomly pick, using your favorite childhood “choosing” rhyme, to help you feel less guilty?
- Do you play Rochambeau – and if so, do you play against the people you were scheduled to meet, or have a spouse or co-worker be the other player?
It is easy to get lost in the moment, caught up in the excitement of having a fabulous place to be, until, days later you realize you are double booked and you aren’t at all capable of being in both places at once.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl