If I were impersonating Gene Wilder, as Willy Wonka, that might be said like this: Don’t. Listen. Just:
- …read something you wouldn’t normally pick up based on the cover.
- …tune into a conversation and really hear the words they are saying, without waiting to add in your two-cents.
- …eat candy, every once in a while.
- …try the latest workout craze – just to say you did Zumba once, just once and maybe, just maybe you will enjoy hot yoga.
- …go to the baseball game and watch the players, the coach and the strategy of it all.
- …wear a hat, it will help protect you from the sun – probably better than sun-screen.
- …sing out loud. Really belt it out.
But, if you are standing by me, and I happen to follow that last bit of advice, and I am wearing noise cancelling headphones, don’t listen, just leave the room. Quickly. (My husband doesn’t and that is just one more reason I love him so.)
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl