Depending on what you decide is right, it is not wrong if you are breaking the rules – I mean of course, the ones you have set for yourself.
- Eating meat on Friday? (What if you don’t eat it everyday, but sometimes do on Friday.)
- Adding sale to your pizza (it enhances the flavor, doesn’t it?)
- Making a promise not to tell a secret (but then finding out that someone could be hurt if you kept it to yourself.)
- Saying that you won’t eat sugar (and then someone drops off a dozen Krispy Kremes to you and they are still warm.)
- Considering and mentally agreeing to participating in #NationalDayofUnplugging (and then you realize that you need to do work, or bake a loaf of bread and don’t have a recipe.)
Breaking the rules is okay, if you accept the consequences of your actions. Let go of the guilt, take it easy once in a while, don’t agree to keep a promise when you don’t know the entire story, have one doughnut (not all 12), and maybe decide that another day this month or this year would be better to unplug. Oh, yea – whoever decided carbs were bad for you – never ate a freshly baked loaf of bread.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl