Let’s all agree that we like to see a winning performance.
Most people might say it’s even better if…
- it’s on Broadway with a star-studded cast.
- just before you enjoying an early, light dinner.
- following the show you have cocktails and dessert.
- then, you spend the weekend celebrating your life together in the city.
Sure, that sounds lovely.
However, drama parents across the country would probably say they prefer…
- to see their children perform on stage in their school play.
- seeing as many shows as possible from opening night all weekend long as many times as they can before the final bows.
- bringing flowers or treats and buying “Kiss the cast” and 50/50 chances.
- taking as many pictures before and after as they can to preserve the memories.
It doesn’t have to be on Broadway. It doesn’t have to be up for a Tony award.
Still, it is a winning performance complete with a standing ovation, laughter at all the right moments, and tears of joy being so proud of every single performer.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl