When all that is left of the holiday bonfire are burning embers, it is time to say good night.
Not until then.
- Until then, you have another marshmallow.
- Until then you cuddle a little bit closer.
- Until then you say yes to one more teensy drink.
- Until then you can forget that 2 days ago is was over 100 degrees and in two more days it will be that hot again, probably.
- Until then, you resist saying good night…
Fireworks, sparklers and campfires all leave burning embers until the last light is out – but memories keep the holiday alive – at least in spirit…until the next one comes along.
~ Dawn aka Hat Girl